Friday, March 6, 2009

Octo-Mom

The world is giving this “Octo-Mom” so much attention. As a young mom, Nadya Suleman, gave birth to eight children after already having six. In my opinion I think that there has to be something more to the situation. How can it happen twice to the same person? In my opinion I think that the Beverly Hills doctor and the sperm donor are hiding something. Suleman seems to like the attention and keeps doing more to get the attention of the media. I believe that the media is giving her too much attention. She should be left alone so she can continue her life as a normal person. In an article from LA times, the article mentions that she has had plastic surgery to look like Angelina Jolie. This is farfetched and if it is true, maybe a mental examination is a good idea, like her parents were suggesting. In my opinion the number of children she has in ridiculous. There is no way that she will have enough time, money and energy to take care of all of them and give every one of them the attention that they need. I personally do not want children. I do not know what I would do if I found out I was having six or even eight. If the doctor is keeping the information of who the donor is a secret, I think he could possibly be hiding so crucial information to the media as well as well as the world. If I was to take a Christian perspective on this issue I would say that the media is putting unwanted attention on the family. I would also mention that Suleman needs to take into consideration whether she will be able to take care of her fourteen children without developing favoritism and with giving them everything they need. People these days will do anything for attention and even if it is not positive attention they will love it and enjoy it while it lasts. I think what the media should be doing is focus on how her community can help her overcome the criticism and help her care for her children. There are so many people who would be willing to help care for them and even for her, during the tough times of raising fourteen children.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-octuplets28-2009feb28,0,3442521.story

No comments: